Skip to content
17 Interesting Beard Facts
- The average man’s beard grows 5.5 inches per year.
- A shaving man spends over 3,000 hours of his life in the bathroom.
- There are approximately 30,000 hairs on the average man’s face.
- 55% of men in the world have some form of facial hair, only 33% being American.
- Beards increase the appearance of age, aggressiveness and social status.
- Facial hair can block up to 95% of harmful UV rays from the sun.
- Shaving can spread bacteria around your face and cause follicle infection.
- A beard may help filter out pollen and dust from inhalation.
- Rate of beard growth depends on genetics.
- A majority of compliments a man will receive on his beard will be from other men.
- Beards make you 63% more likely to win a staring contest.
- Kings added three beard hairs to the wax seal to add earnestness to royal messages.
- It takes 100 to 600 strokes to shave your face.
- Prehistoric men grew beards for intimidation, warmth and protection.
- During the middle ages if you touched another man’s beard it was grounds for a duel.
- The longest female beard ever recorded was 30 centimeters in length.
- The average moustache will absorb a pint and a half of beer every year.